Trump has on multiple occasions claimed the United States is finally “rounding the corner” on the coronavirus pandemic. That’s despite daily infection numbers again rising across the country and researchers predicting the nationwide death toll could now pass 500,000 by February.
Kimmel aired a montage of Trump repeating the claim with footage of things rounding corners that do not go well.
“We’re rounded so many corners we’re about to throw up,” said Kimmel.
Check out the video here:
- Get the latest coronavirus updates here.
- What will life be like once a coronavirus vaccine arrives?
- Everything you need to know about face masks right now.
- What should you still be disinfecting to prevent COVID-19?
- Is it possible you had coronavirus earlier this year?
- Constantly arguing with your partner about coronavirus risks? You are not alone.
Everyone deserves accurate information about COVID-19. Support journalism without a paywall — and keep it free for everyone — by becoming a HuffPost member today.